1. Poly (methyl methacrylate) containing polar side methyl, with more obvious hygroscopicity, water absorption rate generally in 0.3%-0.4%, before forming must be dry, drying condition is 800 85 under dry 4-5h.
2. The non-Newtonian fluid characteristic of PMMA in the temperature range of the molding process has obvious effect, and the melt viscosity decreases with the increase of shear rate, and the melt viscosity is also sensitive to the temperature change.
3. Methyl methacrylate began to flow at a temperature of about 160 Shan, starting to decompose at temperatures higher than 270 Shan, with a wider processing temperature range.
4. PMMA melt viscosity is higher, the cooling rate is faster, the product is easy to produce internal stress, so the molding process requirements of strict control, after the product molding also need to be processed.
5. Poly (methyl methacrylate) is amorphous polymer, shrinkage and the range of change is small, generally about 0.5%-0.8%, is conducive to forming a higher dimensional precision plastic parts.
6. PMMA cutting performance is very good, its profile can be easily machined into a variety of requirements of the size.